The purpose of this policy is to communicate Nucraft’s commitment to Sustainability through efforts that address our strategies to integrate sustainable design along with managing energy consumption and chemical usage as it impacts our associates and the environment.
This policy applies to all associates, facilities, products and corporate actions of Nucraft Furniture Co. This policy contains elements to support our commitment to the environment, chemical management, energy and conservation management, material usage, and sustainable design practices.
Nucraft will strive to have a positive effect on the Environment, respect Human Rights and promote Social Consciousness, and create Economic value for our stakeholders by committing our efforts to optimize usage of natural resources and materials, maximize utilization of energy and lowering the impact of chemicals on our associates and the environment. Along with adhering to all Federal, State and Local regulations and laws with respect to emissions, pollutions, or waste removal.
In pursuit of this policy, Nucraft commits to the following:
- Create a documented infra-structure to manage our sustainability initiatives.
- Create effective metrics and goals to monitor usage, coordinate efforts for reduction for energy and material waste.
- Evaluate water, material and energy efficiencies and usage and eliminate non-value consumption.
- Integrate material, chemical and energy reductions and environmental initiatives into Continuous Improvement program.
- Develop a Design for the Environment protocol and create measurements to monitor effectiveness and integrate life-cycle analysis into New Product Development.
- Design and manufacture products that have a long useful life, can withstand repeated service repair and handling, and have standardized product parts and components available to facility maintenance, servicing and reassembly.
- Maintain FSC® certification.
- Develop associate awareness and responsibility to the environmental impact of material waste and how to support through recycling.
- Monitor land fill waste and coordinate efforts for reduction with 100% diversion as the goal.
- All standard safety measures will be employed and enforced as applicable.
- MSDS sheets will be kept on file and revised as processes and/or products are changed or introduced.
- Air quality monitoring shall be performed within the manufacturing facility as required to identify the appropriate level of handling and safety measures.
- Adhere to all Federal, State or Local regulations with respect to material and chemical usage and its disposal, air emissions, energy and environmental regulations.
- Support Human Rights and compliance with all employment laws.
- Attain a minimum of 2% On-Site Renewable Energy of 10% Off-Site Renewable Energy.
- Commit to LEED philosophy for facilities and maintain performance of current LEED certified building.
- Ensure the safety of our associates through training and monitoring of the work environments.
- Establish programs for the benefit of our community and associates.
- Maintain an effective organization and processes to ensure continued economic viability.
- Communicate policy and metrics to all associates and stakeholders. Nucraft will continue to evolve this policy in order to stay current with activities and maintain our commitment to sustainability.